Private Group Retreats
Tau Center welcomes groups with a spiritual or religious mission to enjoy our space for private retreat where your attendees can experience a day of reflection, prayer, team sharing or other customized retreat options.
We offer a contemplative space for small religious or spirituality-based groups of up to 50 attendees to enjoy a special retreat day at our center. With our unique location in the Motherhouse of the Wheaton Franciscans, there are a few things to consider to make sure Tau Center is the right facility for your group retreat:
- Tau Center is a contemplative space. Please keep in mind that you may have someone on silent retreat on the same day as your group retreat, so we ask all visitors to be mindful of the quiet ambiance we try to create that make your visit so nourishing.
- All retreats must be reserved three (3) months in advance and room rental and additional amenity fees must be paid in full at the time of reservation. Click here to see our Terms & Conditions for facility rentals.
- Retreat rentals are available Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm. Saturday rentals may be available upon inquiry. We do not offer overnight accommodations or Sunday rentals.
- A final number of attendees must be confirmed two weeks prior to your retreat date so that Tau Center staff can coordinate room set-up requests, parking requirements, and other facility preparation.
- In addition to group and individual quiet rooms, we also offer audio/visual equipment and technical assistance, as well as coffee and tea service, as amenities to be included in the rental contract for an additional fee.
- We do not offer any food or catering staff, but do allow meals to be ordered and delivered to our facility for your group. You must, however, have someone in your group to receive, pay and set out the food during your retreat. All plates, napkins and utensils will be the responsibility of the renter.
- Tau Center offers spiritual directors who can assist with planning your retreat or facilitating a portion of your day. Retreat planning and facilitation is an additional fee that will be included in the rental contract.
If you are interested in hosting a retreat at Tau Center, please call Nancy Morris at 630-909-6808 or fill out the Retreat Inquiry form to the right to begin or to answer any further questions.