Tau Center welcomes groups with a spiritual or religious mission to enjoy our space for private retreat where your attendees can experience a day of reflection, prayer, team sharing or other customized retreat options.
We offer contemplative space for small religious or private groups of up to 30 attendees to enjoy a reflective day at our center. With our unique location in the Motherhouse of the Wheaton Franciscans, we do not rent rooms or offer space for organization events that are promoted to the general public.
Tau Center is a contemplative space. We ask all visitors to be mindful of the quiet ambiance we create that make your visit so nourishing.
- Retreats are generally available weekdays between 9:00am-4:00pm. Limited Saturday dates may be scheduled with adequate planning. We are not open Sunday.
- We do not offer overnight accommodations at this time.
- Each Group Retreat is customized to meet your unique needs. To assist with planning we ask that you submit the request form 1-3 months in advance, at minimum.
- Your group will be assigned a space, based on the number of attendees and planned activities. Additional quiet rooms for breakout sessions or private reflection can be requested, as can access to the outdoor patio in our St Clare Garden.
- Catering is not available, but you are welcome to make arrangements for delivery of lunch at our Entrance 5 reception area. Access to a shared kitchen with refrigerator and microwave, that includes coffee/tea, is available on request.
- Tau Center Facilitators are available on a limited basis. More information for that option is available under Custom Retreats
If you are interested in hosting a retreat at Tau Center, please fill out the Group Retreat Request form here to begin or to answer any further questions.
Tau Center collaborates with organizations on a limited basis to host Public Programs that are aligned with our mission. If you are interested in exploring this option, please contact Sharon Devo, Director at